My goal is to have every patient receive the best in patient care.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Women’s Imaging
- Undergraduate: Auburn University
- Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Residency: Brooke Army Medical Center
- Chief: Resident-Brooke Army Medical Center, MRI & CT- William Beaumont Army Medical Center
- American Board of Radiology
- Texas State Board of Medical Examiners
- New Mexico Board of Medical Examiners
- Three-year U.S. Army Health Professions Scholarship.
- Container Corp. Chemical Engineering Scholarship.
- Olin Chemical Research Fellowship.
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers Chapter Scholarship Award (Highest GPA in first two years of Chemical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, Cum Laude
- Boushka, W.M., Marinez, Y.N., Prihoda, T.J., Dunford, R., and Barnwell, G.M. A computer program for calculating kappa statistics for interexaminer agreement in dental research. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, 33:35-41, 1990.
- Boushka, W.M., Perez, G. Time Requirements of Hard-Copy versus Soft Copy Interpretations of SICU Computed Radiographic Images. Presented at Information Management and Communication Society, Honolulu, Hawaii, October 1995.
- Schifano, M.J., Hoshaw, N.J., Boushka, W.M., Alvero R.J. Uterine Artery Embolization in a Hemorrhaging Post-Operative Myomectomy Patient. Obstetrical And Gynecological Survey, 54:1-4, 1999.
- Leitschuh, P.H., Bone, C.M., Boushka, W.M., MRI Diagnosis, Sonographically Directed Percutaneous Aspiration, and Arthroscopic Treatment of a Painful Shoulder Ganglion Cyst Associated with a SLAP Lesion. Authroscopy, 15:85-87, 1999.
- Clinical Director, XIRIS (eXtended Internet Radiology Information System) Software Development. XIRIS is the only totally web-based, radiology information system. Oct 1998 – Jan 2004
- Hard-Vs Soft Copy Radiograph Reading Times– Compared the time required for interpretation of radiographs of a surgical intensive care unit when read from films versus from a panel of computer monitors. Jan 1994 – Oct 1995
- Medical Diagnostic Imaging System– Reviewed software applications and methods for filmless radiology (PACS) at Brooke Army Medical Center in consolation with Siemans Engineers and Army Radiologists. June 1992 – June 1994
- Nonhuman Primates Modeled for Atherosclerosis and Hypertension– Wrote software for real-time data acquisition, data management, and statistical analysis of baboon blood pressures as part of a study to develop an animal model for the named diseases. June 1987 – June 1990
- Diet and Genotype in Primate Atherosclerosis– Designed and implemented a system for data management of lipid profiles for baboons in this project. June 1987 – June 1990
- Clinical Studies of Periodontal Disease in Older Adults– Functioned as the statistician and lead programmer in a calibration of nine periodontists to the national standard for periodontal disease. Dec 1988 – Jan 1989
- Olin Chemical Research Fellowship– Selected by Auburn University Engineering faculty for a summer fellowship for chemical reactor design. June 1980 – Aug 1980
Affiliations and Memberships